Guide: Sell a service with outreach
Sell a service with outreach
Most sales people and business owners probably haven’t heard of a man named Eugene Schwartz – or the 5 Levels of Customer Awareness he lays out.
They go like this:
- Unaware – Prospect doesn’t know they have a problem
- Problem Aware – Prospect knows there’s a problem… But is there a solution?
- Solution Aware – Prospect knows a solution is out there
- Product Aware – Prospect finds YOU – Is YOUR solution right for them?
- Aware – Prospect is ready to buy
Most sales conversations start at LEVEL 4… which, logically, is where most sales training picks up too.
The outreach problem: Lead Generation conversations start at Levels 1-3.
See the mismatch?
The conversations that take a prospective customer from “Problem? What problem?” (Level 1) to a sales call (Level 4) are completely different.
This is why most outbound campaigns under-deliver… or flat out fail.
And I’ve yet to see an email template that helps sales people understand that gap and bridge it.
Get your content from Finding a job.